New Books from the U of U Press
Edited by Nathan N. Waite and Reid L. Neilson, Foreword by Lyman Hafen
Literary descriptions and rich histories of one of American's favorite scenic landscapes
The Remarkable Sobaipuri-O'odham Victory over the Apaches and Their Allies
George C. Frison
Foreword by William "Bill" Woodcock
In this memoir, Frison shares his work and his atypical journey from rancher to professor and archaeologist.
Browse by Subject
News & Updates
Press and Author Updates
We've been fortunate with author awards lately!
- Kim Young was a finalist for the Kate Tufts Discovery Award for her book
Click here to see the award announcement.
- Kara Candito won a Pushcart award for her poem “Monologue during a Blackout” which appears in her book
- Todd Compton has been awarded the MHA Best Biography Award in 2013 for his book
A Frontier Life: Jacob Hamblin, Explorer and Indian Missionary.
- Choice Outstanding Academic Title award went to
Nine Mile Canyon: The Archaeological History of an American Treasure
by Jerry D. Spangler.
- Foreword chose
25th Street Confidential: Drama, Decadence, and Dissipation along Ogden’s Rowdiest Road
by Val Holley in the regional category as a finalist in their IndieFab Book of the Year Award and
The First Rocky Mountaineers: Coloradans before Colorado
by Marcel Kornfeld is the bronze winner in the science category.
- 15 bytes, Utah's art magazine, has named Final Light: The Life and Art of V. Douglas Snow , edited by Frank McEntire as the most exceptional art book for 2014.
Congratulations to all our authors!